24 October 2013

Computer Malfunctions

One of the disconcerting things about computers is that they fail to work with some regularity.  I can't think of a year in recent memory when I haven't had a serious IT problem at least a few times over the course of the year.

For example, today, for no apparent reason, my computer decided it wasn't going to connect to my office suite's server or the Internet.  This was very odd.  In the end, it turned out that my network card had to be reconfigured.  But, how it got improperly configured between today and yesterday is an utter mystery to me.  This is a problem I wouldn't even begin to know how to create in the first place.

How can we change the structure of the industry to place a greater premium on reliability and just having things work?

1 comment:

Dave Barnes said...

Buy a Mac and stop whining
Call me if you want help