20 January 2014

Broncos Rule!

Yesterday, the Denver Broncos (our pro football team) beat my brother's hometown team, the New England Patriots, to win a spot in the Superbowl.  In the Superbowl itself (two weeks from last Sunday), Denver will face my wife's sister's team from Seattle.

Pundits have christened it the "Smoke A Bowl" or "Pot Bowl" because both teams in this year's Superbowl of legalized the recreational use of marijuana at the state level (a fascinating exercise in the impotence of the federal government notwithstanding the fact that this remains illegally in federal law).

The last time the Denver Broncos went to the Superbowl, I lived in Grand Junction, Colorado, had no children, and John Elway, now a part-owner of the team, was the quarterback.

3 comments:

Dave Barnes said...

Brocos????

andrew said...

Thanks. If I had a copy editor for my blog, it would be flawless, but I don't and only survive at work with the assistance of assistants.

Dave Barnes said...

You misspelled it again.
Donkeys Rule