23 February 2014

Texas Still Evil

The latest offense?

Even in Austin, the liberal bastion of the state, they arrest a woman out jogging for crossing the street and then not showing ID (which, of course, one often doesn't carry while jogging), employing four police to haul her into a police car.

I once had a headhunter try to lure me to a good paying job as an attorney in Texas and I am very glad that I didn't take it. I had been concerned about abuses like these (and there are legions of them, this is hardly an isolated incident).  Texas is a state that I am ashamed is part of our union.  Maybe we should return to the Reconstruction era regime and place it under direct federal government management again instead.


Kenny said...


andrew said...


Thanks for the link to an almost identical story from NYC. Maybe I'm wrong and the whole world is just fucked up.