23 February 2014

Texas Still Evil

The latest offense?

Even in Austin, the liberal bastion of the state, they arrest a woman out jogging for crossing the street and then not showing ID (which, of course, one often doesn't carry while jogging), employing four police to haul her into a police car.

I once had a headhunter try to lure me to a good paying job as an attorney in Texas and I am very glad that I didn't take it. I had been concerned about abuses like these (and there are legions of them, this is hardly an isolated incident).  Texas is a state that I am ashamed is part of our union.  Maybe we should return to the Reconstruction era regime and place it under direct federal government management again instead.

2 comments:

Kenny said...

http://gothamist.com/2011/11/02/student_arrested_for_36_hours_by_ny.php

andrew said...

Kenny,

Thanks for the link to an almost identical story from NYC. Maybe I'm wrong and the whole world is just fucked up.