Here's my "Why Not Victory?" list of what President Bush and the United States should do:
1. Address Congress and call this what it is: World War IV.
2. Send another 50,000 troops to Iraq.
3. Increase the defense budget by $200 billion.
4. Institute a draft for the armed forces.
5. Declare war on Syria.
6. Put Cheney in charge of a task force to find Osama Bin Laden, Ayman Zawahiri and Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.
7. Name a Democrat, perhaps Sen. Joe Lieberman of Connecticut or Sen. Evan Bayh of Indiana, as Homeland Security secretary.
8. Militarize the Mexican border.
9. Summon the leaders of Muslim nations to the woodshed in Washington.
10. Assemble democracy activists from Muslim nations at Independence Hall.
11. Intensify FBI surveillance of Islamofascist front groups in the United States.
12. Break relations with the Palestinian Authority.
13. Speed up Hussein's trial.
14. Indict Kofi Annan and notify the United Nations to relocate overseas.
15. Convene a Warsaw summit of the democracies toward replacing the U.N.
I'm glad he's not my legislator.
(Tom Tancredo, meanwhile, has a wants to sell off 15% of federal lands, including national parks and Indian land to raise money for the U.S. Treasury).