15 February 2006

Xcel Energy Franchise Agreement Heads Up

A new twenty year franchise agreement between Denver and Xcel Energy will be on the ballot sometime this year. So, it is little surprise that they are filling the Olympics coverage with advertisements (among many, the biggest joke of them all is Exxon Mobile trying to convince the world that they care about the environment). I was a subject of a survey on the subject this evening, no doubt commissioned by Xcel as they try to size up the audience they will face on election day as they go into negotiations.

Lack of reliable service is my main beef with them. I think that my power has gone out about half a dozen times in the last year, at least.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Andrew,

This is Steve Raabe, the energy and utility reporter for The Denver Post.

I'm asking your assistance for a little team project on blogging that I'm engaged in with my colleagues in the Post's Business News department.

We are contacting bloggers from the beats and companies that we cover, and asking them: "What business stories should we be covering in The Denver Post?"

I'd love to hear from you. Please respond to sraabe@denverpost.com.

Regards,

Steve Raabe