20 October 2005

Meta: Blogger Functionality Rant

As regulars know, I have a tendency to make lots of posts. I wish Blogger had a function that would allow more posts to appear, in condensed form (the first paragraph or maybe just titles even), on one page. But, alas, it doesn't seem to have this function.

I'd also like to see a calendar style archive option, where the days of the current month appear with hotlinks on days when there are posts, as opposed to the difficult choice between a month sized achieve, which includes too many posts, and a week at a time choice, which is ugly and requires you to slog through several weeks to find what you are looking for, although, frankly, I usually use the "Search This Blog" function instead.

Also, it would be nice to be able to attach category tags to particular posts.

Now, beggers can't be choosers, and I'm not paying a dime for the wonderful service that Blogger is providing to me, so I am still, on the whole, thankful for what it provides, but that doesn't mean that I can't dream about a few minor adjustments.

Anyone who knows of ways to make these adjustments without much technical expertise is encouraged to explain in the comments.

2 comments:

Andrew Oh-Willeke said...

Thanks so much for the input. I'll have to give some thought to how to deal with growing pains here at the blog.

Unknown said...

From your dashboard, go to Blogger Help. Under Advanced Use click on Blogger Hacks. Under Questions, currently the second question is "How can I create expandable post summaries?"

That should do it.