28 November 2005

Allergies.

While I am fortunate to not have the acute peanut allergy suffered by 1.5 million Americans, which causes 50-100 deaths per year (even a kiss exposing an allergic person to peanuts can be deadly), I do have a newfound sympathy for that kind of condition, as I just discovered the entirely unpleasant experience that is an allergy to a common antibiotic.

I've had other allegies before of the sneeze and wheeze variety, but nothing so intense (don't worry, I'm not at need to go to a doctor immediately stage, am scheduled to see one in the very near future, and will be one the mend soon now that the problem has been identified). Yuck! This is the main reason that there have been so few posts today. It is hard to type when you itch like hell.

3 comments:

Off Colfax said...

Fortunately, I have few allergies myself. Yet one of them tends to get folks, once I tell them about it, to start shaking their heads in sympathy.

I'm allergic to THC. You know, the active chemical in marijuana.

They tell me I din't know what I'm missing. I tell them I'm missing anaphalectic shock.

That tends to shut them up.

Anonymous said...

That stinks... hope your allergies taper off a bit soon. I have the image of Will Smith in "Hitch" stuck in my head now (food allergies)... :-) Great scene...

Andrew Oh-Willeke said...

Congrats on the new blog and the event that is its focus.