When I was in elementary school and junior high school, I spent lots of time investigating the paranormal, "unsolved mysteries," ancient legends and other pseudoscientific claims. Many have answers that can never be known with certainty, but a number of leading explanations. A few leading theories that I preferred (although they can't necessarily be proven definitively, they are just hunches), include the following:
* Who Was The Zodiac Killer? Ted Kaczynski (the Unibomber).
* Where was Atlantis? Probably at the Greek Island of Santorini.
* Was the John F. Kennedy assassination a conspiracy? No, recent scholarship confirms the basic explanation provided by the Warren Report, with the definitive effort being Vincent Bugliosi, Reclaiming History: The Assassination of President John F. Kennedy (2007).
* What caused the impact happened on 30 June, 1908, at Tunguska in central Siberia? A small comet.
* Does the Loch Ness Monster exist? If it ever did, it doesn't now.
* Did Anastasia Romanov live? Yes, but I'm not sure who the survivor was of the people who claimed to be her.
* Have space aliens come in contact corporally with Earth? No. Roswell, UFO sightings, alien abuction experiences, and the like are all products of other misunderstood phenomena.
* Is telepathy or mind reading real? No.
* Could natural circumstances have caused a parting of the Red Sea similar to that described in the Bible? It could have, although it isn't clear that it actually happened that way.
* Did Noah's Flood happen? No. There were important floods that were historical events in many places, and those great floods, which were local events, probably gave rise to flood myths worldwide, sometimes through the legends with a common source, and sometimes simply because they were similar events. But, there was never a time in human history where the entire world was flooded. The Hebrew account, which gives rise to the Christian and Muslim acconts, probably is Mesopotanian in original and probably relates to a massive local flood in that region.
* Is there or was there a Bigfoot/Sasquatch/Yeti? There is probably no Big Foot or Sasquatch in North America. But, the Yeti could be some form of bipedal ape or bear.
* Did Unicorns exist? No. The only animals with single horns are rhinos and Narwhales. Neither are closely related to the horse/deer like creatures that Unicorns are thought of as being.
Dealey Plaza Professionally Surveyed Map of 11-22-63 Victims Precise Locations, Witnesses, Photographers, Suspected Bullet Trajectories, Evidence, & Important Documented Information....
DISCOVERY: Very Close, Dealey Plaza Assassination
Witness Rosemary Willis’s Zapruder Filmed 2nd Headsnap;
Ultrafast, West & Directly Towards the “Grassy Knoll”....
President-elect KENNEDY "Men of Courage" speech (1-9-61) & Assassination Links for Consideration
It is so comforting to know that there are people out there that know all there is to know... Thank you for sharing your great knowledge, it has stopped me from doing the most foolish of things... checking it out for myself. Where would we be without people as smart as you... would we be making new discoveries or other stupid things like that.. God forbid!
Post a Comment